Tuesday 20 October 2009

Four in hand 3

Roast bone Marrow with crisp pigs tail and parsley sauce
2007 Heinrich Hartl Pinot St Laurent, Reisenberg, Austria
Marrow is always a winner. Love it. Crispy pigs tail was succulent but watch out for the bones. I was seriously struggling after this I was so stuffed. This was so rich. One more meat course and then dessert. Sheeit.

Pork loin with charcuterie sauce, toffee apples and pigs finger
2007 Domaine Clos de Cazeaux Cotes-du-Rhone, Rhone Valley, France
When this came out I knew I was done. There was no way I was going to finish. Goddamn it was delicious and rich though. Perfect crackling and the apples were sweet little buggers. The loin was tender. And yet, I was so stuffed I couldn't finish. How unlike me. Michelle did alright though.

No comments:

Post a Comment