Anzac Biscuits are easy and delicious. Michelle even likes how these ones turned out. Finally I have some validity.
- 1 cup of plain flour
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of rolled oats
½ cup of coconut
125 grams of butter
2 tablespoons of golden syrup
1 tablespoon of water
½ teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- Add the sifted flour, sugar, oats and coconut to a bowl. Got to watch the spelling of the word bowl - an extra "e" changes the meaning entirely and this recipe doesn't call for a colonic.
- Melt the butter and add the golden syrup and water.
- Stir the bicarb into the butter syrup mix.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Roll the mixture into walnut sized balls and place on a greased baking tray. I use baking paper - less washing up and no sticking.
- Throw the tray into the oven for 15 - 20 minutes at about 175°C.